4/17/2188/OF1 Existing window to be removed and infilled with new
Stonework to match existing; new external door;
29 Market Place, Egremont
4/17/2187/0O1 Outline for the erection pf a single dwelling
Land adjacent to Meadow Howe, Moor Row
4/17/2122/OF1 Alteration of external landscaping, fencing &
paving to create off street disabled parking including alteration of highway kerb line to install drop kerbs
11 Church Street. Egremont
4/17/2172/OF1 Division of existing residential dwelling to provide
Proposed Ground floor A5 unit (with external
ventilation) and conversion of space to provide 1
no. HMO flat above.
14 Main Street, Egremont
TO RATIFY COMMENTS WITH REGARDS PLANNING APPLICATIONS RECEIVED BETWEEN TOWN COUNCIL MEETINGS
There are no planning applications that require ratification
MM returned to the meeting
TO CONSIDER ANY REPORTS INCLUDING FINANCE, PERSONNEL CEMETERY, BOWLING GREEN, MARKET HALL, WEBSITE, ALLOTMENTS, DILAPIDATED BUILDINGS, HEALTH & SAFETY, WC PARTNERSHIP, EGREMONT REGENERATION, A595 WORKING GROUP, LONGLANDS LAKE
RESOLVED to accept the verbal report from LH stated the kitchen was looking good and a new alarm system was being installed in June 2017.
RESOLVED to accept the report that was sent out with the minutes, Chairperson had a concern regarding an item on the allotment policy, it was resolved that the allotment committee would review this and bring back to full Council for discussion.
RESOLVED to accept the verbal report from LH who said the owners of the Red Lion property were still going ahead with their plans. LH also asked D Ward from Copeland to come to the next meeting. SP said the chemist in Egremont had changed ownership and they were getting the trees removed from the upstairs window.
RESOLVED to accept the verbal report from NF who said improvements had been made to the website and updates would be on by the end of the week and to arrange a meeting to take back ownership of the website.
West Copeland Partnership/Town Plan
RESOLVED to accept the verbal report from MM who said that the lengthsman and funding issues need to be resolved with some of the parishes.
RESOLVED to accept the street inspection report from JB who had independently walked the Main Street & noted his findings & which had been emailed to all Councillors.
TH left the meeting at 6.55pm
RESOLVED to accept the verbal report from SP stating that the meeting for the A595 has been rescheduled he asked JB if he had heard from C Whiteside (County Councillor) but he had heard nothing has of yet
NF has requested a public consultation on the feelings concerning Longlands Lake this has been suspended until October
TO CONSIDER & REVIEW CORRESPONDENCE
- A letter has been received from NatWest bank confirming that the closure will go ahead however they will be providing a mobile banking service. RESOLVED to respond stating that the Town Council felt that one day was not sufficient, if only one day agreed then Friday would be preferable and concern about the siting of the van.
- Letter received form Seafarers Uk asking the Council to fly a red ensign to commemorate Merchant Navy day RESOLVED to contact Rev Lee to ask if he had a flag and would he fly it on the church mast.
- Letter received from the Cumbria police stating that due to the large amount of false alarms they would not be attending any further calls, this will shortly be resolved with the imminent upgrade of the alarm system
- An email has been received from a resident of Moor Row, Chairperson informed Councillors that this was one of several email received from the same person, and she feels she has already addressed his issues. RESOLVED to write to this resident again and inform him that has they feel his issues had already been answered and it was taking up lot of office staff time, and as the office is not working at full capacity this resident should be invited to the next Town Council meeting were his queries would be answered in person.
- Letter received from Copeland Borough Council about the Regeneration scheme which stated that no payment would be made retrospectively for any improvements Chairperson agreed to take this up with Copeland and get further clarification.
- Request from D Ward for a meeting to discuss Town Council Regeneration, they are looking to attend a joint meeting with West Copeland Partnership to discuss
RESOLVED that all other correspondence listed on the report & sent out with the agenda is accepted & noted.
TO RECEIVE THE CLERK’S REPORT
RESOLVED to accept, consider & approve the Clerk’s report.
TO RATIFY THE PAYMENTS MADE BETWEEN MEETINGS AS PER AGREED DELEGATED POWER GIVEN TO THE CLERK
RESOLVED to ratify the payments (per report) amounting to £7,342.69
TO RECEIVE & APPROVE THE FINANCIAL STATEMENT AT 22nd JUNE 2017
RESOLVED to receive & approve the financial statement at 22nd June 2017 (per report) amounting to £23,841.14
TO RECEIVE & APPROVE THE RECEIPTS AND PAYMENT RECONCILIATION SHEET FOR 2016/17
RESOLVED to receive and approve the receipts and payment reconciliation sheet for 2016/17
TO RECEIVE AND APPROVE THE ANNUAL RETURN ACCOUNTING STATEMENT
RESOLVED to receive and approve the annual return accounting statement.
TO RECEIVE AND APPROVE THE INTERNAL AUDITORS END OF YEAR REPORT
Unfortunately, this report has not been received as yet but will go on the next agenda.
EG2DAY COLUMN FOR AUGUST – TH
TH was reminded to send a copy of his report to the office & LH before submitting by 10th July.
EGREMONT MAIN STREET INSPECTORS FOR JULY – MM & TH
The inspection sheet was emailed to both councillors
GOOD CITIZEN AWARD
Councillors were asked to bring any nominations to the meeting in July,
Chairperson also asked if DS could write about the nominations in the Whitehaven News.
TO RATIFY THE DECISION RESOLVED BY COUNCILLORS TO UPGRADE THE INTRUDER ALARM SYSTEM IN THE MARKET HALL AT A COST OF £1141.14 + VAT
RESOLVED to ratify this payment
TO CONSIDER A REQUEST FROM CALDERWOOD HOUSE TO BORROW 35 TABLES AND 80 CHAIRS FOR THEIR CALDER FEST IN EGREMONT CASTLE ON 29TH JULY 2017
It was agreed to allow Calderwood House to borrow the tables and chairs for the Calder Fest.
TO RECEIVE AND AGREE THE HEALTH AND SAFETY POLICY STATEMENT
RESOLVED to receive and agree to the health and safety policy agreement.
COUNCILLORS’ MATTERS – AN OPPORTUNITY FOR COUNCILLORS TO RAISE MINOR MATTERS NOT ON THIS AGENDA AND NOT FOR DISCUSSION
- Village Services Survey
- Moor Row / Bigrigg issues
ITEMS FOR INCLUSION ON THE NEXT AGENDA
- Allotment Policy
RESOLVE THE DATE OF THE NEXT MEETING
RESOLVED the next meeting of Egremont Town Council will be held on Tuesday 18th July at 6pm in the supper room of Egremont Market Hall.
The meeting was brought to a close at 7.45pm